Sunday, March 2, 2014

Moving Blogs-Please Follow!

I love the SMC blog community, and it is one of the reasons I have avoided moving the blog in the first place.  For a long time, I was writing this blog and the only one reading it.  At that time I was part of the adoption community and hadn't discovered the SMC world just yet.  Over time, I have discovered so many other women that I have so much in common with.  It was reading those blogs that helped me learn what I needed to do to get pregnant in the first place!

So, to say I'm sad that I'm going to shut down this blog, is an understatement.  I know that some of my followers, that I have made a connection with over time, will probably not follow me to the new blog.  I hope many of you will find me again.

I am currently in the (very slow) process of moving my blog over to word press.  It is going to take a long time to move all of these old posts, partly because I seem to be interested in reading things from back then, and partly because I am doing it will playing with barn animals and blocks with Isaac!  I will eventually be adding password protections to some of my posts.  I'm even debating going public with my blog (except the passworded posts obviously).

If you would like to follow me (please, please, pretty please!!!), you can find my new blog over at:

http://aplannedlife.wordpress.com/

7 comments:

  1. I read your previous post, and for whatever reason, I'm not following how moving your blog makes a difference. (I'm kind of blog illiterate when it comes to this.) Please help me understand. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I just searched, and I'm on Bloglovin also.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I understand all this either. Is it that Wordpress lets you choose which posts are private and which are public? I really don't want to go to the trouble of switching BUT I really respect the judgement of other SMCs. If you are comfortable, and only if, would you point out a post that you would make private (ie, makes you uncomfortable to have it on Blogger/Bloglovin') so I can get a better idea of what we're talking about here and if I should make the switch?
    You can email me the link if you wish--thank you! laraf1234@att.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would set any post that has pictures of us/venting about people IRL/my posts about some of the medical issues we have been dealing with to private. I would keep my posts about our day-to-day life (unless it has photos) and experiences/feelings about SMC life would remain public. I guess I just want to protect my family from any possible fallout that could happen in the future.

      Delete
    2. Ditto, Ali. I don't want anything I wouldn't tell my family members, students, fellow faculty, administrators to be privy to everyone. And I want to start protecting my children, as what is published on the internet never truly goes away. I want the ability to password protect posts and not just go private (which doesn't allow people to see your contact information).

      Delete
  4. I just checked, and I'm on bloglovin, too. Crap. I also had mine set to private, but I guess that really doesn't make much of a difference... So is the difference between blogger and wordpress that you can choose which posts to keep private, and that those you do choose to keep private are actually private?? And will they be private so only YOU can see them, or your followers, too, and just not be searchable at all? I'm a little blog illiterate, too, I guess! There really should be a way to make your blog not able to be moved/put on another site without your permission! So sorry this happened. I, too, feel as though I want to protect my family. It was a big decision for me to even decide to put pictures at all, but I thought making it private would help. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You set a password to a post and only give the password to those you want to read it.

      Delete