Wednesday, August 6, 2014

An Update


It has come to my attention that very few followers actually followed me to the new blog.  I miss the support and friendship I once had.  I have found many of you on FB and we are able to chat all the time, which has been great!  I realize I've been reading other people's blogs and not commenting lately but I'm not sure why really.  Anyway, I thought I would share the post below to update those that don't know what is new in our lives (it was originally posted on my new blog, but most of you didn't follow me to the new one last spring) : 
I went back and forth on if I would start trying for baby number two in August or September this time around.  After doing some very difficult math, ok, after putting the date of my July period into a due date estimator on the internet, I had made my decision.  When I had Eyes, I was able to take off eight weeks because of my c-section (otherwise it would have been six weeks).  It was nice to have the time with him, but it was too short.  I also ended up missing the first two weeks of school, and felt like I was a bit clueless to policy changes for the entire year (though in hindsight that might have just been new-mom-fog).  I would prefer to time baby number two differently.  Preferably, in a dream world, I would end up taking time off at the end of the year and then the baby would be a bit older when he/she attends daycare for the first time.
So, I had my first IUI on Sunday...or is it my fourth IUI?  Do I count the IUI attempts from when I had Eyes too?  Either way, I have to say that two days later, I find myself very moody and impatient with some mild crampiness.  I have said for awhile now, I don't feel like this August attempt will work, and I feel good about the September attempt.  It would be a pretty amazing miracle if this attempt works.  It was a strange cycle where aunt flo visiting longer than normal, and I ovulated several days later than usual.  I waiver back and forth whether it worked or not.
When I was TTC for Eyes, I felt so nervous about all of it; the TTC process, pregnancy, motherhood, SMC.  This time I felt nervous excitement going into the actual IUI.  When Dr. B had finished the procedure, I laid there in the quiet for a few minutes.  I started to happy-cry a bit.  Eyes has been such a wonderful blessing, the idea of having another child feels like such an amazing gift.  I don't feel the fear this time, just the joy of being a mom.  I feel a calm that I didn't feel before, and I know that whatever the outcome, we will be ok.
If you are interested in keeping up with us, the new blog is:
aplannedlife.wordpress.com 

7 comments:

  1. Positive thoughts coming your way! Ugh the two week wait is hard. I did my iui for b in July and ended up going back to work for only 6 days at the very end. It was my choice so I could pack since we were moving buildings. Having off and starting back up in September was great!
    I tried to follow your new blog but it doesn't show up on my list :(! I'll try again!
    Hope you have some time before school starts to spend time enjoying eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember always thinking about how a pregnancy would affect the new school year. I wonder if all teachers think that way or only those of us creating families in unusal ways. I will also admit I've worried that if I did get a school library position, how would they handle my being gone for almost all of the month of December. Wishing you well with the 2WW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do not know why I posted here when I read the othe blog.

      Delete
  3. Best wishes for TTC again! (I conceived both times in June and it really worked out well school calendar wise) even though I didn't put a lot of forethought into that aspect. Whenever you conceive, just know that the second time is different. Not better or worse, just different :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the IUI! I'm thinking of starting in the spring.

    I definitely want to be following your new blog, but I think I never figured out how to get it to come up automatically when there's a new update. I'll try again. Also, I'd love to connect on FB, but how do we do that? I don't especially love the idea of posting my full name on here... Is there a way to communicate privately to give each other our names?

    ReplyDelete